Who doesn’t love customised sarees and designer blouses; tailored to accentuate your best features and draw attention to your vibrant personality?
All of us, right?
But, taking accurate measurements can be a daunting and overwhelming experience, which most of us try to avoid. In today’s blog, we will discuss easy step-by-step techniques you can use to take accurate measurements for sarees and blouses. Understanding how to measure your body correctly will help you make sure that your garments fit perfectly and look great on you.
Why is it Important to Measure for Designer Sarees and Customised Blouses?
Measuring for sarees and designer blousesonline is advisable to ensure good fitting and comfortable wear. Here are the biggest reasons why:
1. A well-fitted saree or blouse looks better
A saree or blouse that fits well will flatter your figure and enhance your appearance. If your blouse is too loose or tight, it won’t look as good and can even be a buzz-kill and very uncomfortable to wear.
2. Glamour is All About Effortless Grace
A well-fitted saree or blouse is more comfortable, appealing, and graceful to wear as it won’t be too tight or loose; This is especially important if you plan on wearing the garment for an extended period.
3. Avoid last-minute alterations and stress
Measuring for a saree, blouse or ethnic top beforehand can help you avoid last-minute alterations. It can save you time, money, and stressful headaches by ensuring you have your outfit ready in time for your event.
4. Perfect fit for your body type
Every person’s body type is unique, and measuring for sarees and blouses can help ensure that the garment fits perfectly for your body type. It will also help you feel more confident and comfortable in your outfit.
Here’s A Brief Guide on How to Take Accurate Measurements for purchasing Designer Sarees and Blouses online
When it comes to wearing a traditional or even a ready-to-wear saree, fit is key! It can make or break your whole look. Fortunately, getting the perfect fit is not as daunting as it may seem. With a few simple tips, you can measure with ease and get the right fit.
Measuring for Designer Sarees:
- First, determine or choose the saree length you want to wear depending on your height and personal taste/preferences. Most designer sarees online are around 5.5-6 meters in length.
- Measure your waist by wrapping a measuring tape around your waistline. It is usually the narrowest part of your torso, above your belly button and below your ribcage.
- Measure your hip by wrapping the tape measure around the fullest part of your hips, usually around 7-9 inches below your waist.
Measuring for Designer Blouses:
- Measure your bust by wrapping the measuring tape around the fullest part of your chest, making sure the tape measure is parallel to the ground.
- Measure your waist by wrapping the tape measure around your waistline, as described above.
- Measure your shoulder width by placing the tape measure at the base of your neck and measuring to the outer edge of your shoulder.
- Measure the length of your blouse by starting at the base of your neck and measuring down to where you want your blouse to end.
- Measure your armhole by wrapping the tape measure around the fullest part of your arm, just below your armpit.
- Measure your sleeve length by starting at the top of your shoulder and measuring down to where you want your sleeve to end.
It is important to remember that these measurements are just a starting point, and you may need to make adjustments based on the specific style of saree and blouse or top fabric and pattern you choose to wear. It is always a good idea to consult with a tailor or seamstress if you are unsure- about how to measure or make adjustments to your garments.
Do share- your saree and designer blouse measuring tips and tricks in the comments below!